 General / 7315
Re: Help with Digital Photography
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 1999 01:23:43 GMT

Troy Cefaratti <mnementh@sbase1.com> wrote in message
news:FHGLIt.GJ7@lugnet.com...

I suppose it will be a case of trial and error.  Take a few close up's • then
download them to see how they turn out and adjust technique accordingly.

Well, you can look at the screen and save yourself the time downloading
them.  It will be pretty obvious if you cut off a piece of what you are
taking a picture of.  :)

I should have made myself clearer.  You mentioned the following.

Keep in mind also when doing close ups, that the image you see through the
view finder is NOT exactly what will be taken.  You will need to aim high,
so that everything is in the frame.  How high you have to aim is dependant
on how close you are (closer=higher).  Sometimes I have to aim so high that
you can't even see the bottom in the viewfinder, but it comes out OK in the
picture.

I know from past experience of using a regular camera that doing macro shots
can be tricky.   The close up shots of my city didn't come out particularly
well because I forgot to aim high.

If what you say is true and the image in the view finder isn't always what
will appear in the downloaded pic (particularly with close up shots) I may
have to resort to downloading close up pics and seeing how they turn out.

That's one of the reason's I'm going digital rather than with flim.  I'm
able to check the quality of the pics immediately.  Plus the fact that I can
better manage the post production process.  With the number of pics I'm
hoping to take it will probably work out a lot cheaper in the long run as
well.

Sanjay