 General / 7308
Re: Help with Digital Photography
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 1999 00:27:54 GMT

Sanjay D'Souza <sds87@hotmail.com> wrote:
(1) It's a toss up between the Kodak DC 265 or the Kodak DC215

I've just ordered a Nikon Coolpix 950. It matches almost my entire
digital-camera wishlist (1), and has a superb macro mode. I'm hoping to get
some great lego shots.

(1) Wishlist:
  - Higher than 1024x768 resolution
  - nice LCD which can actually be used to frame shots
  - cool twisty body design for taking pictures without sticking something
    to your face
  - fast response time
  - compact flash media
  - real optical zoom
  - nice automatic features that make it simple to take good pictures
  - ability to attach lenses and do fancy manual stuff if i feel the urge :)
  - flash with variable settings
  - burst-capture mode
  - long battery life (see, _almost_.)