 General / 7314
Re: Help with Digital Photography
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 1999 01:01:15 GMT

Is it right to assume that it's better to take pics during the day time in
natural light?

Not necessarily.  I would imagine that you might run into the same problem
that i did trying to use the bright halogen lights.  (Shadows, darkness,
etc.)  If the camera could be set to ALWAYS be used, it would be great, but
I have not figured this out.

I suppose it will be a case of trial and error.  Take a few close up's • then
download them to see how they turn out and adjust technique accordingly.

Well, you can look at the screen and save yourself the time downloading
them.  It will be pretty obvious if you cut off a piece of what you are
taking a picture of.  :)

I'd appreciate if you could email a few of your projects.  From what I've
seen on your auction  pics the Kodak DC's have a very good output in the
right conditions.

I will send you some later, after I resize them.  (I'm sure you don't want
500k JPGs clogging your mailbox)

What's the ideal setting for taking pics keeping in mind the Kodak DC 265
has three resolutions; 1536 x 1024, 1152 x 768 and 768 x 512?
It also has Best, Better and Good quality modes.

I use only the high resolution setting (1536x1024) and the best quality
image.  This will give you the most to work with.  I then make all my
adjustments and resizing in Photoshop.

Since you can't get REALLY close with the camera, this works out well since
at 1536x1024 the image does not need to take up the whole frame to give you
a decent 640x480 image.

Of course, this gives you files that are about 500k each, so they will need
to be resized and recompressed for use on the web.

Troy