 General / 7306
Re: Help with Digital Photography
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 1999 00:17:53 GMT

Troy Cefaratti <mnementh@sbase1.com> wrote in message
news:FHGHMo.A5p@lugnet.com...

The built in flash has a maximum range of 9.6 feet.  I'd stick to about 5
feet though, because at 10 feet, the center will be brighter then the • edges.

I tried using bright lights, like a 300 watt halogen, but this didn't help
any.  The pictures actually came out darker, as the light kept the flash
from going off.

Is it right to assume that it's better to take pics during the day time in
natural light?

Keep in mind also when doing close ups, that the image you see through the
view finder is NOT exactly what will be taken.  You will need to aim high,
so that everything is in the frame.  How high you have to aim is dependant
on how close you are (closer=higher).  Sometimes I have to aim so high • that
you can't even see the bottom in the viewfinder, but it comes out OK in • the
picture.

I suppose it will be a case of trial and error.  Take a few close up's then
download them to see how they turn out and adjust technique accordingly.

(If you'd like to see a few of the pictures, check out any of my auctions,
or I can e-mail you some of my current and previous projects)

I'd appreciate if you could email a few of your projects.  From what I've
seen on your auction  pics the Kodak DC's have a very good output in the
right conditions.

What's the ideal setting for taking pics keeping in mind the Kodak DC 265
has three resolutions; 1536 x 1024, 1152 x 768 and 768 x 512?
It also has Best, Better and Good quality modes.

Should closeups utilise the highest res setting and longer range pics
utilise the lower res mode or should I just leave the setting at the highest
res and adjust later in post production?

Thanks

Sanjay