 General / 6026
  Minitalia Lego sets (from Italy)

Hi, There were these little kits produced for Italy about 25 years ago called Minitalia kits. They were made by Lego and had 2 digit numbers (14, 15, etc). Does anybody have pictures of these? Does anybody have these for sale? These were different (...) (25 years ago, 4-Aug-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Minitalia Lego sets (from Italy)

(...) For the record, they'd be high on mine, too (pending seeing them), so anyone sitting on them might want to consider auctioning them. Or at least sharing information on them. Especially instructions. eric (25 years ago, 4-Aug-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Minitalia Lego sets (from Italy)

(...) My friend Kurt Richter from Germany has some of these. He is going to send some scans after he's back from vacation. Much of Europe goes "on holiday" in August. If memory serves me correctly, some of these sets have black windows. Gary Istok (25 years ago, 4-Aug-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

John DiRienzo wrote in message ... (...) called (...) there (...) I've seen a minitalia set picture on ebay (set#14?). It was a house model. It was quite different from the general lego line. Bricks are the same but it has windows and doors that (...) (25 years ago, 9-Aug-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Minitalia Lego sets (from Italy)

(...) I have two sets of Minitalia and will show some scans on my homepage as soon as possible ((URL) called them the "x-bricks" because they have a X instead of an O in the brick; because of this, they don't fit that well together like O-bricks (...) (24 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Minitalia Lego sets (from Italy)

(...) A friend of mine in Germany sent me 3 red 2x4 bricks and a window from the Minitalia line. The bricks look sort of like regular LEGO (with different studs), but the window really stunned me. It was the 1x6x3 size (the largest of the classic (...) (24 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Minitalia Lego sets (from Italy)

Anyone who wants to see a Minitalia set and the bricks can look at my webpage at: (URL) think there is one window with 13 panes like Gary Istok was describing. (24 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Minitalia Lego sets (from Italy)

(...) That is so weird! That is so cool. I wonder what the story behind this line is. I mean, why the differences in the construction of the bricks? Why change from the tubes-and-studs brick to something else for this line? -- jthompson@esker.com (...) (24 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Minitalia Lego sets (from Italy)

(...) Interesting site with pictures of the old Automatic Binding Bricks, as well as a few Minitalia pieces: (URL) "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily" (24 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Minitalia Lego sets (from Italy)

I was in MSP last week and Abner had several sets he had just obtained from Italy in absolutely pristine condition that he brought to show us They had roof bricks that were flexible! And all the studs looked like Technic studs. At first I thought it (...) (24 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  AFOL

What does AFOL stands for??? (24 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: AFOL

(...) AFOL means Adult Fan Of Lego. I would not categorize parents who play with their kids lego, but only those adults who actually buy Lego for themselves. (24 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Minitalia Lego sets (from Italy)

(...) Thanks Indranil, that is the window! Too bad TLG doesn't make these window styles, or at least some better variations that actually look like real windows. I am going to treasure that one window that I have. Gary Istok (24 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: AFOL

(...) The question is still sort of open as to what we call LUGNETters under 18 (As there are a good number, often more loquacious and articulate than the AFOLs. I've seen "Jr. AFOL" and "YAFOL," but did we settle on one? best Lindsay (24 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: AFOL

How about FOL? -- Have fun! John The Legos you've been dreaming of... (URL) weird Lego site: (URL) L F Braun wrote in message <38613D24.E7619CF1@p...su.edu>... (...) those (...) (As (...) AFOLs. (...) (24 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Minitalia Lego sets (from Italy)

Personally, I like the 1x4x3 window with 12 panes even better! And TLC could produce that SO easily - just cast the pane insert for current windows. (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (24 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: AFOL

No way. Fan Of Lego could mean any age. How about TFOL (13-19) for Teenage Fan Of Lego and ADFOL (12 and under) for ADolescent Fan Of Lego. (...) (24 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: AFOL

(...) I think that was the point... (...) James (URL) (24 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: AFOL

Hmmm.... Aren't teenagers and adolescents one and the same? Anyway, the reason the term AFOL exists is because if one were (at least among the general population) to say that someone is a fan of Lego, it would be assumed that the fan is not an (...) (24 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: AFOL

(...) what about brad justus' suggestion, "KABOB' ~ Kid w/ A Bunch Of Bricks"...? i thought it was great. later ~ craig~ (24 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: AFOL

(...) AFOL. Like a brick, it has many uses. Adult Fan of LEGO. Adolescent Fan of LEGO. A Fan of LEGO. We need no other acronym. -- jthompson@esker.com "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily" (24 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)