 General / 12614
Re: AFOL
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 1999 05:36:52 GMT

Hmmm.... Aren't teenagers and adolescents one and the same?  Anyway, the reason
the term AFOL exists is because if one were (at least among the general
population) to say that someone is a fan of Lego, it would be assumed that the
fan is not an adult, so it is necessary to make a distinction.  So I would say
that FOL would apply to non-adult FOL's.  But why make the distinction at all?
After all, I consider an early interest in Lego to be a sign of precociousness.

Maggie Cambron (mother of  two precocious children)

D. Jezek wrote:

No way.  Fan Of Lego could mean any age.
How about TFOL (13-19) for Teenage Fan Of Lego and ADFOL (12 and under) for
ADolescent Fan Of Lego.

In lugnet.general, John DiRienzo writes:
  How about FOL?

--
  Have fun!
  John
Mr L F Braun wrote in message <38613D24.E7619CF1@pilot.msu.edu>...

"D. Jezek" wrote:

In lugnet.general, Rogelio Garingo writes:
What does AFOL stands for???

AFOL means Adult Fan Of Lego.
I would not categorize parents who play with their kids lego, but only • those
adults who actually buy Lego for themselves.

The question is still sort of open as to what we call LUGNETters under 18 • (As
there are a good number, often more loquacious and articulate than the • AFOLs.
I've seen "Jr. AFOL" and "YAFOL," but did we settle on one?

best

Lindsay