 General / 54075
Re: Update news on BrickShelf.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 22 Jul 2007 04:57:51 GMT

In lugnet.general, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
   In lugnet.general, John Neal wrote:
   People only felt “betrayed” because they were too dumb not to have backed up their own content.
(emphasis added)

A slight correction: many of us felt upset because being denied to other people’s content. I don’t use BrickShelf to store my photos online, I use it to keep track of all the amazing MOCs out there. Are you suggesting I am “dumb” for not downloading each and every photo that has inspired or amazed me over the past six years?!?!

No. But I’m struggling with the term “betrayed”. People felt understandably upset about losing a wonderful resource like Brickshelf, but the only way I could make sense of that word would be in the context in which I spoke.

   Now, despite feeling upset, it did make me realize how important Bshelf is. I’m signing up for the $60 a month to show that even if Kevin one day decides to stop his involvement, he’ll know to hand it over to someone else. BrickShelf is too important to lose.

No disagreement here.

JOHN