 General / 54003
Re: Update news on BrickShelf.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2007 05:20:51 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ondrew Hartigan wrote:
In lugnet.general, Allister McLaren wrote:
In lugnet.general, Abner Finley wrote:
[UPDATE NEWS] on BrickShelf.com

According to the mainpage of BRICKSHELF.com as if 9:25pm CST July 19, 2007

["Notice: Brickshelf will not be shutting down!
We will be offering "featured" accounts for $5/month shortly.

$5/month? LOL.

Good luck with that.

$5 a month is pretty nominal for a resource that has a virtually endless supply
of ideas and creativity. I will certainly be getting a featured account and I
hope the option is there to pay for a year or more in advance.

Good for you. I hope you get your money's worth. Pardon me for holding on to my
money until I see what these 'advanced features' actually are, and how they
compare to the other, significantly cheaper, options.

ALSO,
I’m sorry if I’m staring a flame war by saying this but, it's because of
comments like the above that encourages the community to fragment and gives
people a great reason to leave the adult Lego hobby all together…....
  Personally i'd rather hope this is the start of the community coming together
again as I miss the old Lugnet that was allways busy and full of ideas. .

LMAO. If you think the community will fragment, or people will leave it over a
comment like that, it doesn't deserve to survive.