 General / 53832
Re: Brickshelf.com – A Possible Solution
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 15 Jul 2007 22:49:40 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jordan Bradford wrote:
I'm a web developer. I can help build such a site.

Replying to my own post:

According to a whois lookup, the brickshelf.com domain name expires 20 August
2007. If a new site rises from the old, it would be nice for it to have the same
domain name.

I don't know if Kevin would be interested in transferring domain ownership or if
he'll let it expire. I also don't know if he'd be interested in transferring the
files so that the new site could keep all the old links working using URL
rewriting and/or a frozen copy of the old database. Nor do I know if he'd want
to hand over the keys, so to speak . . . then rebuilding the site wouldn't be
necessary.

As a developer I can tell you that what he created isn't as simple as some of
you may think. The ideal situation is for him to let other people take over the
site, but that means 1. extricating it from maj.com or 2. allowing others access
to maj.com. It's up to him.