 General / 53939
Re: Brickshelf.com – A Possible Solution
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2007 21:41:53 GMT

LEGO already has an image hosting service, but it's for NXT creations only:

http://mindstorms.lego.com/nxtlog/default.aspx

LEGO is not averse to running something like Brickshelf/MOCpages, but LEGO's
version is clearly meant to promote the Mindstorms brand.

I would like to see LEGOFan.com or the LEGO Club site expand/incorporate NXTLOG.
That gives the non-AFOL crowd a COPPA-safe place to put their stuff. For us
AFOLs I would like there to be a frozen version of brickshelf.com for historical
purposes and a new central site that would take over.

So far the best solution seems to be MOCpages, since it can act as a gateway to
a Flickr account or wherever else a user would prefer to host his images.