 General / 53737 (-20)
  Re: color problems with 10190

(...) I had this problem, my wife and I were assembling set, and it was apparent to both of us. I think each type of brick matched it'self, but that the different shades were between 1x2 and 1x4 bricks or somesuch. It was not a major thing, but I (...) (17 years ago, 5-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Building equality one female minifig at a time.

Magnus ol' buddy, I was disheartened to see such a sexist expeditionary force at Brickworld. I'm glad you had a racially integrated fighting force but I saw not a single female trooper. Does this mean that in your future military, you suscribe (...) (17 years ago, 4-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: color problems with 10190

(...) I don't own that set, but I can tell you it's not a fluke. The first set that really sparked notice in this problem was the Harry Potter Knight Bus, with the then-new dark-purple color. Dark-red has since started showing up in seriously (...) (17 years ago, 4-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Different quality of pictures between different browsers in Brickshelf

(...) Yes, resampling is costly when using anything other than linear scaling. This was the main reason I had to make my gallery script cache the resampled images, especially when it suddenly has to resample 100 odd images all at once.... (17 years ago, 4-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: color problems with 10190

(...) The dark blue 2x2 corner bricks in 10182 were noticably lighter than the rest. However the ones I had previously were tha same dark shade as the rest of the dark blue Tim (17 years ago, 4-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: color problems with 10190

Given the colour variations in MEGA BLOKS I am sure they do just in time dying as well. BUT man it sure drops the quality of LEGOs product. So instead of pre-dyed plastic pellets, they either batch dye or on the fly dye them as they mold. NEITHER (...) (17 years ago, 4-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: color problems with 10190

(...) I do believed that they out sourced the making of the bricks to Flextronics. I could be wrong, but I remember reading that somewhere. They are building a factory in Juarex Mexico to make the bricks. I hope that you are right, but I do remember (...) (17 years ago, 4-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: color problems with 10190

(...) LEGO has NOT "outsourced" making the bricks. They did change the way colour is handled. They now add dye to the plastic at the LEGO factory. The change over was not perfect and those colour problems are supposed to go away over time but they (...) (17 years ago, 4-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  MINDSTORMS Community Partners

Are You a Hardcore LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT User? Do you want to have a seat in our closed webforum, the Mindstorms Community Partners, where we involve you in our development and tests of new ideas, concepts, prototypes, products and discuss various (...) (17 years ago, 4-Jul-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Different quality of pictures between different browsers in Brickshelf

(...) Another factor may be Safari's color management: (URL) I've always been curious about the way Brickshelf has the browser scale the full sized image to fit the page. You don't see that too often these days. I agree with Tim that unless the full (...) (17 years ago, 4-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: color problems with 10190

(...) I haven't heard anything about 10190, but a lot of people over on Eurobricks reported problems with 10182 Cafe Corner having different colors. -Elroy (17 years ago, 4-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Different quality of pictures between different browsers in Brickshelf

(...) Handy to know. I often wondered why Firefox just uses linear scaling when bicubic is so much better and it looks like Safari has finally done it properly. Let's hope the other browsers pay attention and copy the idea. Of course it doesn't (...) (17 years ago, 4-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Different quality of pictures between different browsers in Brickshelf

In Brickshelf and other websites that have a smaller previews for a picture I have notice a low quality pictures in IE and Firefox. (Unless you click on picture you will not see the correct resolution.) I found a few articles on Lugnet that mention (...) (17 years ago, 4-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  color problems with 10190

I just put together 10190 and find that the navy blue bricks come in two or three shades. Has anyone else had this observation? I hope that this is a fluke and not a overall problem since Lego has outsourced the making of the bricks. I opened up a (...) (17 years ago, 4-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Sometimes LEGO makes me crazy

(...) [snip] (...) Hi Duane, for a rectangular shape of a tunnel this propellor would not be perfectly right, but I would guess, that this is the so far best prop, which LEGO has done: (URL) a weak spot this one has the gear wheel fixed to the axle, (...) (17 years ago, 3-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Official LEGO stickers?

We often have big adult + kid parties. Both the boys and girls love to play with our big LEGO collection. Does anyone know a source for official LEGO themed stickers? I would love to have a stash to hand out to the children. Bryan (17 years ago, 3-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Sometimes LEGO makes me crazy

(...) Thanks for the idea. I'm currnetly using two of these, (URL) nested together (they're apparently designed to do that) to make a four-bladed prop. I use four sets of them in an array. That seems to be my best option so far. Here are some pics: (...) (17 years ago, 2-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: 2064 air ambulance

The logo appears to be the same as the logo on the recent hospital sets (which were available at retail). I think its supposed to be a generic "hospital" icon. (similar to how real-world hospitals etc are using said icon instead of the old red (...) (17 years ago, 3-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 2064 air ambulance

(...) Dunno, but if you download the instructions[1], you can see the logo, which looks suspiciously like the logo for the Mississippi State Dept of Health's Emergency Medical Services[2] logo. Hope this helps ROSCO 1 - (URL) - (URL) (17 years ago, 3-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  2064 air ambulance

Does anyone know who is selling this set? I see from some places that to get one you have to fly on a certain airline. But which one? (17 years ago, 3-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact