 General / 53731
Re: color problems with 10190
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 4 Jul 2007 15:44:16 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ted Godwin wrote:
In lugnet.general, John Patterson wrote:
I just put together 10190 and find that the navy blue bricks come in two or
three shades.  Has anyone else had this observation?  I hope that this is a
fluke and not a overall problem since Lego has outsourced the making of the
bricks.  I opened up a second set and it had the same color problem.
John P

LEGO has NOT "outsourced" making the bricks.

They did change the way colour is handled. They now add dye to the plastic at
the LEGO factory. The change over was not perfect and those colour problems are
supposed to go away over time but they have to use up the old not-quite-perfect
bricks first.

It is quite noticeable in the orange used in the recycling truck.

This is what I remember from Bjarke's (sp?) talk at BF'07. He is head of quality
control and he knows about the colour problems.

I do believed that they out sourced the making of the bricks to Flextronics.  I
could be wrong, but I remember reading that somewhere.  They are building a
factory in Juarex Mexico to make the bricks.
I hope that you are right, but I do remember that.
John P