 General / 53282 (-20)
  Re: LEGO® Systems, Inc. sells Enfield complex for $58.9 million

(...) Gary's right. One the things that is happening is that globalization of resources...the US has higher wages than the rest of the world in many things, so to bear the costs that consumers want, less expensive places have to be found to produce (...) (18 years ago, 12-Jan-07, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: LEGO® Systems, Inc. sells Enfield complex for $58.9 million

(...) No it will still be around. In the future LEGO may not be owned by Kjeld and Gunhild anymore (Godtfred Kirk Christiansen's 2 surviving children), however it will still be around. There's too much value in the brand name. A future owner may (...) (18 years ago, 12-Jan-07, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: LEGO® Systems, Inc. sells Enfield complex for $58.9 million

Lego is on it's way out, plain and simple. By 2012, it will be a memory. (18 years ago, 12-Jan-07, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Let's Talk about the 2007 Sets

To those interested in 2007 sets, Man I am jazzed by what has leaked out for 2007 and is currently out for 2007. If you interested in some of the leaks point you browser over at: (URL) and (URL) a brief run down of my thoughts: Star Wars I love the (...) (18 years ago, 11-Jan-07, to lugnet.general, lugnet.year.2007) !

  Re: LEGO® Systems, Inc. sells Enfield complex for $58.9 million

(URL) (18 years ago, 11-Jan-07, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX) !

  Re: AFOL's websites please update your 'Links' pages!

(...) Always a good reminder. I'll take some time and go through the Classic-Castle links page. To add to this, everyone should also check out (URL) Wiki-Brick-Links>. This is an interactive site where you can add links or fix broken links if you (...) (18 years ago, 10-Jan-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  AFOL's websites please update your 'Links' pages!

I just thought this might be a good thing to mention, and start fresh for the New Year. This is more a call to all AFOL's, LUGNET members, and other LEGO fans that have their OWN LEGO fan sites plus 'clubs'. Please 'UPDATE' or FIX you're links (...) (18 years ago, 10-Jan-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: A few ideas on member pages

(...) Hi guys, As a recent user of member pages, slowly learning about FTX, I seconded all these ideas. Didier (18 years ago, 10-Jan-07, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: A few ideas on member pages

(...) I think it's a great idea. I am all for expanding LUGNET's functionality to further increase its popularity and relevance. I even made our NG into our club's (URL) web site>. I'd like to see color capability in FTX as well. Thanks for bringing (...) (18 years ago, 9-Jan-07, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.general, FTX)

  A few ideas on member pages

Hello everybody, I started built a (URL) member page> a few yaers ago. From the begining I found it easy to do with FTX. It's by far not as complicated as HTML or other design languages. So after having this page for a few years now - and still (...) (18 years ago, 9-Jan-07, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.general, FTX)

  LEGO® Systems, Inc. sells Enfield complex for $58.9 million

LEGO® Systems, Inc. sells Enfield complex for $58.9 million, leases office space. By:Howard French, Journal Inquirer 01/03/2007 LEGO Systems Inc., has sold its Enfield buildings and leased back space in some of them for its operations, which are the (...) (18 years ago, 9-Jan-07, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX) !!

  Very poor customer service from Lego Shop at Home

I wanted to share my extreme displeasure with the Lego Shop at Home service. My mother, knowing what a big fan of Lego I was, decided to surprise me with a set this Christmas, the Lego Factory set 5526. At the time she didn't realize that it was not (...) (18 years ago, 9-Jan-07, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: GERMAN AFOLS ROCK!!!

(...) Seriously! Just amazing stuff! Stunning. Calum (18 years ago, 8-Jan-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: GERMAN AFOLS ROCK!!!

(...) Looks like (URL) Andreas Opperman>. And in response to John's first statement I have to agree. Going to 1000steine land last year was amazing and it looks like Frechen may be even better. I'm really regretting deciding not to go now :( Tim (18 years ago, 8-Jan-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: GERMAN AFOLS ROCK!!!

(...) I'd like to see some close ups of these (URL) bits. Does anyone know who made them? Chris (18 years ago, 8-Jan-07, to lugnet.general)

  GERMAN AFOLS ROCK!!!

(URL) Absolutely> (URL) incredible>!!! Wow. JOHN (18 years ago, 8-Jan-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Some parts I'd like to see this year (or in coming years)

Hey all, Instead of more brand new parts, I'd like to see a little more completion to the existing system in the coming year. The too-numerous-to-list uses of these parts has occupied me lately as I've been attempting to put the finishing touches on (...) (18 years ago, 7-Jan-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Building help for set 392 Formula 1 racer

(...) Here's an email answer I got from Clark: + Dave, + You are correct. the extra 1x1 is level with the top of the blower. That + represents the axle of the blower. The realpic doesn't show it (no surprise + there), and the instructions blend the (...) (18 years ago, 7-Jan-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Building help for set 392 Formula 1 racer

Dave, It looks to me as if that stack of 1x2, 1x2, 1x1 are centered on the back 2x3 plates (top and bottom) of the intake scoop, so simply close off the rear of the scoop. As to why they used a 1x1 on the top (or didn't just use a 1x1 or 1x2 brick), (...) (18 years ago, 7-Jan-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Building help for set 392 Formula 1 racer

(...) Looking carefully, it looks (to me) like it is the latter of the two you mention so the parts are pushed back one stud. The image isn't very clear as the studs at the far side of the spoiler look like they are next to it as well :) (18 years ago, 6-Jan-07, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact