 General / 53279
53278  |  53280
Subject:
Let's Talk about the 2007 Sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.year.2007
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2007 18:19:13 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

To those interested in 2007 sets,

Man I am jazzed by what has leaked out for 2007 and is currently out for 2007.
If you interested in some of the leaks point you browser over at:

http://www.eurobricks.com and

http://festum.de/1000steine/myimages/1-2007-01

Here's a brief run down of my thoughts:

Star Wars

I love the new sets. There's a new Jedi Star Fighter with Hyperdrive, an new MTT
with droids, and a Naboo Fighter with Vulture Droid. Since I missed the vulture
droids the first time, at least I have a chance at another.

Of course, what just came out at Christmas time was excellent too.

City

Oh BOY! Eight-wide trucks! Could LEGO have finally seen the light? Where's John
NEAL? Could 8-wide trains be NEXT? There's the green truck with trailer and from
the picture it appears to be 8 studs wide. Am I wrong?

There is also the garbage truck and the cement truck and both are clearly
6-wide. This seems to fit the new Ocean Cargo Carrier with the new 6-wide cargo
containers. But in order for the 6-wide cargo containers to fit on rail cars the
cars must be 8 wide, right? Don't pinch me I might wake up!

The rest of the new City sets look good too. There the cargo container crane and
the gas station. For the train fans there is a new Train Station with
distinctive new architecture and new track switch. I know the train fans have
already been discussing how to adapt this to 9-volt operation.

Castle

I am probably the most excited by the new Castle sets. These look awesome. More
sources for castle parts like turets, top pieces, walls, burbs, lurbs, and
turbs. Then there is the new pieces. There appear to be horse skeletons, new
shield logos/emblems and villians, dragons, and weapons and head gear. There is
also a ton of skeletons in different colors. Cool!

There appears to be the typical 5 set spread across the price ranges from maybe
a $10 set up to the $90 or $100 set for the big castle. There will probably be a
better look at these at ToyFair.

Creator Sets

OOOOOOOH! What's that new Power Functions thing? The Ferris Wheel and the Raptor
(Dinasaur set) both have it as well as one of the new Technic Sets. Looks like
it brings remote control ability to some creations. It will be no time before
train guys use it in their layouts and others use it in their MOCs. Real cool.
Do I see sensors or modules in those Power Functions? Will these integrate with
NXT?

The House set looks like they have borrowed some ideas from the MOCs seen at
some of the conventions. Looks awesome. By the way, if you think you see your
house in that set, I say congratulations at the flattery LEGO bestowed upon you
by copying your design. Just in time to supply more TAN bricks.

Technic

Home run with the new sets out before Christmas. The new tracks for the
snowmobile will sell that set alone. Act fast and put the snowmobile at the top
of your priority list. This set will not live to see next Christmas, and that's
my prediction. The Tow Truck, Dune Buggy/Tractor, Rough Terrain Crane, and Wheel
Loader are solid sets.

The new Combine and Bulldozer are simply awesome. The tracks from the snowmobile
are repeated in the Bulldozer set and I would estimate 3 times as many tracks in
this set as in the other. Again the views of these from ToyFair ought to be
awesome.

Exoforce

I am glad to see this line continuing. At first, I was not a big fan. Now I
collect them and not certain why. I just have to have them. I looks a little
like they are straying a little bit away from the Mechs that started the line to
structures and more space ship type of vehilces. I hope this is only temporary.
I know, I know, how many Mechs can they build? Well, I think that's why I am
buying them. I have looked on in awe at the MECH builders and sat stymied about
how they build these MECH MOCs. Well, I am learning a lot through these Exoforce
sets. It's cheating from what the MOCers can do with SNOT what with LEGO using
those Bionicle/Knight's Kingdom/action figure modified brick ratchet block
thingamabobs (whatever they are called), but I love them. I guess I missed the
whole MECH comic book/Saturday cartoon thing being born too early. Anyway, I
like the Exoforce theme.

Mars Mission

Finally, a return to MARs. I am sorry but I liked Mission to Mars. I thought the
sets were cool. I worked for LEGO Outlet in Atlanta when those were being
liquidated and I learned first hand how popular they are with children. Let me
ask you a litmus test question. Do you like the idea or the new Mars Mission
sets you have heard or seen? If your answer yes, I am going to predict you are
under the age of 16. If you say no, then I predict you are older than 16. Am I
right?

Anyway, LEGO seems committed with 8 new sets. When was the last time 8 new sets
of a new theme was released. Either someone has played a good joke on
Eurobricks.com, or LEGO is going full speed into the new theme. Looks like there
are more Air tubes and Aliens in different colors. Good I was tired of the 3
head and 3 hand colors available. More pics from ToyFair please!

Well, that's about it. Did I miss anything? Please reply with your own comments.

Sincerely,

Todd