 General / 53281
Re: LEGO® Systems, Inc. sells Enfield complex for $58.9 million
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 2007 07:03:29 GMT

In lugnet.general, Harvey Henkelman wrote:
   Lego is on it’s way out, plain and simple. By 2012, it will be a memory.

No it will still be around. In the future LEGO may not be owned by Kjeld and Gunhild anymore (Godtfred Kirk Christiansen’s 2 surviving children), however it will still be around.

There’s too much value in the brand name. A future owner may move production to China or Vietnam or India. It seems that everything else is ending up there, a loss for Europe, North America and Australia.

The future offset may be cheaper prices, but less in the way of quality.

Gary Istok