 General / 53286
Re: LEGO® Systems, Inc. sells Enfield complex for $58.9 million
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Sat, 13 Jan 2007 23:02:28 GMT

Chris Phillips wrote:

I understand that corporate finances do not work the same way as
personal finances, but this kind of move (selling and re-leasing
property) has always struck me as a short-term gain, long-term loss.

It is expensive to own property that is much too large, and to suddenly
become a landlord leasing the unwanted areas, is almost never a wanted
activity when you need to save money. It is probably "sell it all" and
"re-lease only a part" that is happening...

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
BlockCAD:  http://web.telia.com/~u16122508/proglego.htm