 General / 52842 (-20)
  Re: Long Term Packaging

(...) Yes, blue definitely also yellows. Several years ago I bought out a kids collection. I found a significant number of yellowed blue bricks. I don't think I've ever seen discolored red, green, yellow, black, or dark grey bricks (though looking (...) (18 years ago, 18-Jul-06, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Long Term Packaging

(...) Blue bricks? Interesting. (...) Awesome. Thanks! (...) - Dan (18 years ago, 18-Jul-06, to lugnet.general)

  Almost 300! And another Mindstorms Challenge! And more!

(URL) Almost 300 Registrants! With about 2 weeks left on registration deadline, we are very close to 300 guests - so if you haven't paid your registration fee, now's the time to do it to guarantee your place at BrickFest! You know the website, so (...) (18 years ago, 18-Jul-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  Re: Long Term Packaging

(...) Frank, I noticed the same thing in regards to the yellowing of blue bricks in a long ago sealed late 1960's set. For me it was blue sloped bricks. At least with Cellulose Acetate there are other known causes of damage to bricks. Both heat and (...) (18 years ago, 18-Jul-06, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Long Term Packaging

(...) Yellowing may not just be due to sun. A few years back, I opened some sealed sets that were from the 70s. They had yellowed blue bricks (but not all the blue bricks), so I assume there are other causes of yellowing than just UV damage (and the (...) (18 years ago, 17-Jul-06, to lugnet.general)

  Long Term Packaging

The time has come. After just having turned 18, and thereby ascending from the title "KABOB" to an "AFOL," I now descend into my dark ages as I head off to college. :-( Sad? Yes. But I want to make my dark ages a smooth one. I've been sorting bricks (...) (18 years ago, 17-Jul-06, to lugnet.general)

  A missed opportunity? Too late?

I just got back from 6 days of canoeing down the Missouri River in central Montana, following some of the trail of Lewis and Clark, explorers who, exactly two hundred years ago (1806), completed their historic trek from St Louis to the Pacific Ocean (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jul-06, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Broken Links in Peeron Catalog Scans

(...) Yes, I still have troubles with the scans. I can get the thumbnail pictures, but when you click them for the big picture, I still get a lot of broken links (red "X"). Gary Istok (18 years ago, 16-Jul-06, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Broken Links in Peeron Catalog Scans

(...) I get the same problem. For me, Peeron probably doesn't work 75% of the time. (18 years ago, 16-Jul-06, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Trading sets

(...) In lugnet.market, (URL) Godt! Rene (18 years ago, 14-Jul-06, to lugnet.general)

  Trading sets

Where is the best place to trade LEGO sets? I'm interested in trading one or more of my sets for a train set. (18 years ago, 14-Jul-06, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego factory?

(...) Thanks again, Tim. Looks to be a browser issue. I can get into it fine with another browser. Thanks once again, Jonathan (18 years ago, 14-Jul-06, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego factory?

(...) I believe there is a time limit to models not uploaded to the gallery. You could be running into that maybe? Here it is uploaded again (URL) it should now appear in the gallery sometime Tim (18 years ago, 14-Jul-06, to lugnet.general)

  Lego factory?

It doesn't appear that purchases of custom factory models can be made. I wanted to buy 10 more dark red walls for my town: (URL) Does anyone know what is up? Can this be part of moving production to other countries? Seems to early for that, no? (...) (18 years ago, 14-Jul-06, to lugnet.general)

  Re: TLGs wasteful box sizes?