 General / 52837
52836  |  52838
Subject:
Long Term Packaging
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2006 08:52:04 GMT

The time has come.

After just having turned 18, and thereby ascending from the title "KABOB" to an
"AFOL," I now descend into my dark ages as I head off to college. :-(

Sad? Yes. But I want to make my dark ages a smooth one. I've been sorting bricks
for a few weeks now; my plan is to put them in Ziploc bags, put those in a bin,
and leave them in a closet for 4 years, or at least until I can get my own
place.

Is there anything better that I can do? Anything bad that typically happens over
long-term storage? I've heard of white bricks yellowing... the container will be
opaque, and having seen the nice sun tans some of my white bricks have recieved,
that should help lower risks of damage.

Has anybody ever tried freezing? I doubt I'll be able to get the freezer space
to do it, but assuming that the yellowing is just a chemical reaction, it might
slow it down.

Any tips or suggestions in anyway related to long-term packaging?

Thanks,
Dan