 General / 52092
  LEGO Store Display Install in Portland: Oh, The Drama

So here's the lowdown... The local LEGO train club (GPLR) was invited to participate in a pilot program to set up a display inside one of the cases at our local LEGO Brand store. We're one of three clubs participating, and the last one to install (...) (19 years ago, 2-Dec-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, FTX) !!

  Re: LEGO Store Display Install in Portland: Oh, The Drama

(...) Hmm, I wasn't involved in the toting... I think it was Jeremy/ Frank (19 years ago, 2-Dec-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO Store Display Install in Portland: Oh, The Drama

(...) --SNIP-- Well, in the end it looks brilliant and that's what counts. Just be glad you build out of Lego and not cardboard and wood or any of those other silly (and destructible) substances that typical railroad modellers use. Tim (19 years ago, 2-Dec-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Store Display Install in Portland: Oh, The Drama

(...) You know, Binky... I hear Bionicle stuff doesn't come apart when you drop it... maybe you should stick to that? ++Lar (19 years ago, 2-Dec-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Store Display Install in Portland: Oh, The Drama

2 Smooshed Bricks[2] (...) here is a pict of the smooshed brick: (URL) there rest of my pics are here after moderation: (URL) it was a fun night. it was kind of cool seeing such a big object fall and break up. remindes me of the ISD at Brickfest (...) (19 years ago, 2-Dec-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Store Display Install in Portland: Oh, The Drama

In lugnet.general, Kelly McKiernan wrote: (URL) Wow, someone was awfully quick with their camera. A great story and I really like the display a lot. Great use of a vertical space, especially since train displays are usually horizontal. (...) Cool. (...) (19 years ago, 2-Dec-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Store Display Install in Portland: Oh, The Drama

(...) Lol, I get the impression that may be the general consensus... if, the next club get-together, everybody huddles protectively over their mocs when I approach, hey, I can take a hint if it's delivered at nuclear proportions. :) Kelly (19 years ago, 2-Dec-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Store Display Install in Portland: Oh, The Drama

(...) I had my digital on my belt... after The Incident, the first thing I thought (after ohcrapnonononooooooo) was, "I need a picture of this". Bob Kojima drove with me, so I handed the camera to him and he snapped it while I cowered, bleeding and (...) (19 years ago, 2-Dec-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Store Display Install in Portland: Oh, The Drama

(...) Ah, you never forget your first time...here's mine: (URL) Needless to say, that particular creation became MASSIVELY structurally reinforced after that incident. It stood up for a year straight after that incident. Ignore Lar on this one, (...) (19 years ago, 2-Dec-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Store Display Install in Portland: Oh, The Drama

(...) You're copping to that? You have e in the pic, why not hang it on him? (...) K, what you're saying is that I was wrong about a kind of flaw that I thought Bionicles don't have, because actually they do have that flaw? I'm down with that, I'm (...) (19 years ago, 3-Dec-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Store Display Install in Portland: Oh, The Drama

(...) Kelly- Great story, well told with the righ ring of righteous truth and penitent humility. Made me think of some of our LEGO disasters. 1. BrickFest PDX. We unwrapped the two 60 inch cable stayed bridges that we had shipped as baggage. Boy, (...) (19 years ago, 3-Dec-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Store Display Install in Portland: Oh, The Drama

(...) Nah. e did nothing to facilitate the fall. Heck, I think he was more upset about it at the time than I was. This fall was proof that you never turn your back on a freestanding creation that you aren't 100% certain can support it's own weight. (...) (19 years ago, 3-Dec-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Store Display Install in Portland: Oh, The Drama

(...) It was me...I just never showed my face. :-) -jeremy gplr visit <www.gplr.org Greater Portland LEGO Railroaders> (19 years ago, 3-Dec-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Store Display Install in Portland: Oh, The Drama

Hahahahah, great read. Thanks. Don't feel bad, it happens to us all at one point or (URL) another>. The conga line was the best though! LOL e (19 years ago, 5-Dec-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)