 General / 52093
Re: LEGO Store Display Install in Portland: Oh, The Drama
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 2 Dec 2005 17:59:30 GMT

Kelly McKiernan wrote:
Moment of truth, Take 2: Steve and Frank carefully toted the
construct to the display area. Kelly was not allowed to touch, upon
pain of... pain. Ben (aptly of Big Ben Bricks) lifted the entire
mountain over the top and down into the display area, where Steve and
Frank gently guided it into place, like a train gliding into the
station. (Given the nature of the club, I'm required by law to
include a minimum of one train metaphor.) The front scenery that
Steve had built (and did not hit the pavement, thankfully) slid right
in front. The house is a miniature version of a current set, and the
trees are versions of ones also currently available in bins at the
front of the store - no shoving, there's enough for everybody.

Hmm, I wasn't involved in the toting... I think it was Jeremy/

Frank