 General / 52098
Re: LEGO Store Display Install in Portland: Oh, The Drama
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 2 Dec 2005 18:27:36 GMT

In lugnet.general, Bruce Hietbrink wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Kelly McKiernan wrote:

Wow, someone was awfully quick with their camera.

I had my digital on my belt... after The Incident, the first thing I thought (after ohcrapnonononooooooo) was, “I need a picture of this”. Bob Kojima drove with me, so I handed the camera to him and he snapped it while I cowered, bleeding and damp, in the center of my ignominious misery.

   A great story and I really like the display a lot. Great use of a vertical space, especially since train displays are usually horizontal.

Thanks, something good should come of that experience ;) The display did turn out great in the end, I think.

Building vertical was kind of a struggle, we weren’t quite sure how to deal with it at first. Steve suggested a mountain scene with RR bridge, and it sounded perfect so we did it. It’s actually a bit too snug in the display, we’ll probably give it some more breathing room next time.

   [2] One of which had one of its studs pushed flush with the top of the brick - never seen that before. Cool!

Cool. Did you get a pic of that?

Unfortunately, no... we were trying to get done with the rebuild and Frank snapped it in before I thought to take a picture of it. That’s also why there are few pictures of the thing in many pieces, we were all busy sorting and rebuilding.

Kelly