 General / 52097
Re: LEGO Store Display Install in Portland: Oh, The Drama
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 2 Dec 2005 18:22:02 GMT

In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Kelly McKiernan wrote:
   So here’s the lowdown...

The local LEGO train club (GPLR) was invited to participate in a pilot program to set up a display inside one of the cases at our local LEGO Brand store. We’re one of three clubs participating, and the last one to install their display.

Short and pithy version:
Kelly dropped the display, shattered it in the mall parking lot. Picked up the pieces, toted them in, received much warranted ribbing about klutziness, GPLR rebuilt it in the store, installed it, and left happy. Pictures here after moderation: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=156352

You know, Binky... I hear Bionicle stuff doesn’t come apart when you drop it... maybe you should stick to that?

++Lar

Lol, I get the impression that may be the general consensus... if, the next club get-together, everybody huddles protectively over their mocs when I approach, hey, I can take a hint if it’s delivered at nuclear proportions. :)

Kelly