 General / 51226
Re: Lego and other brand trademarks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 12 Jul 2005 12:32:11 GMT

In lugnet.general, David Shifflett wrote:
Is there any sets where Lego has included references
to other trademarked names.
One example I can think is Jeep,
for the 711 Jeep CJ-5 set.

Are the ferries (Stena, Silja),
and Maersk, names copyright/trademarks?

Any others?

I seem to remember the 1998 World Cup football/soccer sets had a sticker sheet
with a number of real-world brand logos.  I don't clearly remember what any of
these were, I'll have to dig out the sheet.

They definitely had jersey stickers for the Orange team.

Did the main-line soccer sets come with branded logos?

Steve