 General / 51218
Re: Lego and other brand trademarks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 12 Jul 2005 06:23:39 GMT

In lugnet.general, David Shifflett wrote:
Is there any sets where Lego has included references
to other trademarked names.
One example I can think is Jeep,
for the 711 Jeep CJ-5 set.

Are the ferries (Stena, Silja),
and Maersk, names copyright/trademarks?

Any others?

Keep on bricking,
dave

Hey Dave.... I'm surprised you didn't think of them..... Esso, Shell, Exxon, VW
(named beams), and then there are all the 1:87 cars/trucks.

Is Octan a real service station?  I have never seen one here or in Europe
(Germany, Austria, Britain, France).

And don't forget the #390-#395 Hobby Sets with names such as Rolls-Royce,
Cadillac, Harley-Davidson, Renault, Norton, and Formula 1.

And in trains there is the "DB" logo (Deutsche Bahn = German National Railways).

Then there's the Wells Fargo (is that bank name still used in California?) in
the #365 Wild West Set, and Learjet (#455).

There's a lot more I'm sure...

Gary Istok