 General / 51223
Re: Lego and other brand trademarks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 12 Jul 2005 07:20:44 GMT

In lugnet.general, Gerhard R. Istok wrote:
   In lugnet.general, David Shifflett wrote:
   Is there any sets where Lego has included references to other trademarked names. One example I can think is Jeep, for the 711 Jeep CJ-5 set.

Are the ferries (Stena, Silja), and Maersk, names copyright/trademarks?

Any others?

Keep on bricking, dave

Hey Dave.... I’m surprised you didn’t think of them..... Esso, Shell, Exxon, VW (named beams), and then there are all the 1:87 cars/trucks.

In the Netherlands there were also named beams for Philips and P.T.T. (post, telegraph and telephone) and KLM (royal dutch airlines).

   Is Octan a real service station? I have never seen one here or in Europe (Germany, Austria, Britain, France).

I think Octan is non existing. It’s a Lego name.

   And don’t forget the #390-#395 Hobby Sets with names such as Rolls-Royce, Cadillac, Harley-Davidson, Renault, Norton, and Formula 1.

And in trains there is the “DB” logo (Deutsche Bahn = German National Railways).

With additional stickers for other European railway companies.

This reminds me of an opposite approach, although the name of Lego is not mentioned:

I found this ad in a book with cars from 1973.

Niels