 General / 50396
Re: Selling someone else's work on Ebay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 22 Mar 2005 19:18:26 GMT

Well, IANAL, but I would think that by putting the step-by-step directions on a public website you’re encouraging people to build a globe of their own.

(Great model, btw - I might have to build one!)

But, I also think that the seller should give you credit, since it would appear to be a direct copy of your model.

Of course, the seller doesn’t want his non-AFOL audience to know they can build their own globe just as easily as he did...

I’d put a copywrite notice in your Brickshelf gallery. Something simple like: “feel free to use these directions to make your own copy of this model, but only for non-commercial use.”

JohnG, GMLTC