 General / 50272
Re: Rarest 60's Lego Item?? was Re: Frank's first LEGO train set has been a 111
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 3 Mar 2005 17:32:23 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Gerhard R. Istok wrote:

Congratulations to the winnning of this auction Gary!

No I haven't been aware of these garage colour-mix-up at all. To be honest I
have even never owned such a garage and not more than 5 H0-cars so far. That is
too far out of the focus of my part of hobby. I like to look at other peoples
collections, but I myself feel more as a model builder. The only thing I am
still collecing is the paperware around the "LEGO® Eisenbahn".

Concerning you question for these garage types: I would dare to bet a fat amount
of money, that the German collector "Legohunter" (Peter Reinartz) surly owns
some of these. He has up to tenthousands of H0-cars as I heard.....

Look at this link for a (very) few examples of his old stuff:
http://www.petersoldtoys.de/forum/wbboard/frame.php?module=4

Leg Godt!

Ben

Have you (or any 1000steine folks) ever seen one of these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5956492138

All 1962-65 European catalogs show the 1:87 cars with a red garage and a white
base (the base is incorrectly shown as gray in most catalogs, except for the
British ones, which correctly show white).  Here's a 1963 German catalog:

http://horst-lehner.mausnet.de/lego/katalog/gk63/GK63-2.JPG

The red door/white base garages are unknown to all my German and Danish
collector friends, even though all catalogs show them as red.  I know of only
one other collector (from Yorkshire England) that has one of these.  It appears
that 99.99% of all of these ever produced were with a gray door and a gray base.
This is probably one of the biggest (of many) Lego catalog errors from the
1960's.

Gary Istok

P.S.  I' sending this to lugnet.general