 General / 49867
Re: Just build.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 26 Dec 2004 14:24:58 GMT

In lugnet.general, Alex Vizcarra wrote:

In closing, this is a community of which I am proud to be a member, and I hope
that everyone will continue to feel welcome posting their thoughts here.
Hopefully no one will fell unwelcome because the mood now seems to be "Lego can
do no wrong" and "since we can't do anything we shouldn't question it or even
comment on it."  This make us seem as if we don't matter even as human beings
and are on the level of insects, and that if we don't agree with decisions made
by Lego we shouldn't be here.  As individuals, we can and will disagree on
issues and Lugnet can continue as the place for discussing anything Lego
related. Wow, I didn't expect this to go on this long...

I don't think the mood here is "LEGO can do no wrong", nor should it be.
Constructive feedback is good and LEGO should welcome it.

However the mood here, (my read only on this) is that there is less tolerance
for people repeating the same thing over and over and over, or for people
getting to the point of casting aspersions on the integrity of others because
they don't agree. Hearing the same thing over and over in a shrill strident way
is no fun. There is more tolerance for friendly discussion of issues in a
constructive way or for posting about MOCs and club activities and fun things
you did or saw.

That's my read.

PS - I am happy to say I got some time in building last nite. Nothing
revolutionary but it was fun.