 General / 49864
Re: Just build.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 26 Dec 2004 08:07:58 GMT

In short, I agree with most of the things written in the post, and agree that
perhaps the best way to deal with everything is to "Just Build" but the one
thing that I am having a problem with is the following:

In lugnet.general, Bill Vollbrecht wrote:

But as of the last year or so, it has turned into a place to whine and cry
about every little thing the Lego company does or doesn't do. Sure the Lego
Company may not always do things you agree with, but until you are on the
board of directors, there is NOTHING you can do about it! Decisions will be
made with or without our approval. Colors will change, new pieces will come
about, old ones will dissapear.

The many problems that have arisen this year are cause for alarm for many, and
although there is nothing we can do about it, I believe that venting in someway
helps.  Lugnet provides a space where we can all discuss about everything Lego
related, whether MOCs or Bley, one that may not be available in our everyday
lives.  I personally was very upset about the color change and when I talked to
someone(not a lego fan) else about it, they didn't really care (In fact they
would have been indifferent if Lego said it was stopping production).  However
here on Lugnet there were others who had the same feelings I did and, while it
didn't fix anything, the thought that others were having similar feelings
comforted me, like a support group.  Because of this, I think that everyone
should keep on posting their thoughts about whatever they want, and those who do
not want to read about the color change or juniorization or whatever, then avoid
those messages dealing with topics you don't want to read about (obviously).
This will work the same as described in the post:

Even during the golden age of Lego (mid 80's to early 90's to many) I didn't
like all of the sets that were on the shelf of my local Toys'R'Us. I simply
didn't buy them, but bought the ones I did like. Same goes for today.

In closing, this is a community of which I am proud to be a member, and I hope
that everyone will continue to feel welcome posting their thoughts here.
Hopefully no one will fell unwelcome because the mood now seems to be "Lego can
do no wrong" and "since we can't do anything we shouldn't question it or even
comment on it."  This make us seem as if we don't matter even as human beings
and are on the level of insects, and that if we don't agree with decisions made
by Lego we shouldn't be here.  As individuals, we can and will disagree on
issues and Lugnet can continue as the place for discussing anything Lego
related. Wow, I didn't expect this to go on this long...