 General / 49865
Re: Whining and Pining
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 26 Dec 2004 08:28:11 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jason Moore wrote:
   Looky here, I have sat here and read all these posts about how we need to stop whining about The Lego Company. The latest is that we should “just build”. That is all fine and dandy, but it is painfully obvious the changes in TLC all seem to be coming right here right now. The same post described how LUGNET used to be a place simply for showing creations. I was around during that time too. Face it, there wouldn’t be all of our “whining” if TLC was still offering the product that all drew us into Legos in the first place. I saw Lego set design quality dimmer for a bit a few years ago, this color change, juniorization, new slopes up the wazoo, experiments in action figures...and now a change in plastic quality?!? That last one takes the cake. If Lego does that, there is no hope left for the company. Screw the profit margin, they have a reputation to uphold.

We should make our voices be heard, because even if we’re not Lego advisors the company thinks enough of us to have some presence here. If they change things and no one says anything, then they will take it as a sign that everything’s ok or better when it is actually not...to remain silent at something you are not happy about is another way of approving of it. (there is probably a better way to say that, and it vaguely reminded me of a poem, but it’s late...)