 General / 49649
Re: Some 2005 sets showing up already in regular stores.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.year.2005
Date:
Thu, 25 Nov 2004 02:50:11 GMT

snip

   The headllights aren’t stickers. The headlights are printed slopes, and everything else is stickers.

Doh!

   It’s very weird. You’ve probably opened yours by now, but thought I’d put it out there.

-Dan Rubin

Thanks for the info Dan. I haven’t opened mine yet (won’t until X-mas). It looks like those are ‘Slope Brick 18 4 x 2’. I have a couple plain red ones in my collection so I guess I can still work around the ugly headlights. Do they look any better in person than in the picture? (e.g. less distracting and cheezy?)

Thanks, Paul

In person, they look OK, less cartoony anyways. It’s a pretty decent model of a kinda ugly car. What it’s really lacking are steering, suspension, doors, and for some reason, the window to the engine is build on an opaque plate, I will be altering mine sometime in the future.

-Dan