 General / 49617
Re: Some 2005 sets showing up already in regular stores.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.year.2005
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 2004 22:55:45 GMT

In lugnet.general, Richard Morton wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have just returned from ToysRUs in Fond-Du-Lac WI and to my suprise they
have some of the new 2005 sets in stock already - including a couple that I
don't think have been mentioned yet.

Among others, they had:
7239 Fire Truck http://www.brickset.com/search.aspx?Query=7239
7240 Fire Headquarters http://www.brickset.com/search.aspx?Set=7240-1
4881 Robots Creator set http://www.brickset.com/search.aspx?Query=4881
and few of the new $9.99 racer sets (I bought a 8647 Night Racer and it
seems to have a new chrome color - the color appears to be molded rather
than chromed afterwards, so it's duller than regular chrome, but not the
same as pearl gray color)

They also had 2 new sets that I don't think have been mentioned anywhere yet
8652 Enzo Farrari 1:17 car - 477 pieces at $39.99 (I bought one of these)
The other was a floating boat with an age of 5+ that seemed to use some
regular pieces but also larger pieces. Interestingly, rather than using Jack
Stone type figures, it uses 2 regular minifigs.

Oh, they also had the new 4+ pirates as well.

I bought the 8652 which looks pretty good. It's not Technic, more model team
than anything and has a few new parts. I will try and get some pictures up
online soon.

Hope it helps,
Richard.

Any pictures of the new sets?  Kinda odd that there is no pics on brickset and
nothing on lego.com about most of these sets yet.

Mark