 General / 49608
Re: How does the voting at the Lego Factory Competition work?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 2004 20:44:52 GMT

And the last thing about the competition. I thought the rule was to fit
into 16x16 studs, but model #2 in senior section clearly violates that.
I think I'd need some clarification.

This is a good question. I assume from the delays and timing of the voting that
someone is handling the process by hand. I would think, if that's the case, that
they would weed out the ineligible entries beforehand.

Man, I'm really whining here. Maybe I'm taking this too seriously, but I would
expect Lego to lay down some rules and actually enforce them if the results  of
the contest affect the sales of future sets.

I've submitted some creations for this week contest, I've sent them my signed
letter for the partecipation BUT:

1. after rather 10 days my creations are still pending
2. all my creations (there were a couple of normal buildings) were 16x16 studs
(as the rules say)... did I make something wrong? I suppose my creations are TOO
SMALL because I see a lot (I say A LOT... not 1 or 2!!!!) of creations that are
very larger than 16x16 (even one of them has the most numbers of votes!!!). Are
the Lego judges blind or have they some problems with the counting?????????

Moreover many of those BIG creations are made by AFOLs (or something similar)
older than 12 yr.
If a 6yr or 8yr child submits a creation that is not *as the rules say*, I could
understand... but those mistakes should not be allowed for the other
participants!

I thought, this idea was very good... but now it seems more similar to a joke!

Please, LEGO, take a look at this!!!!!!

Luca Giannitti
*** AFOL that will no longer submit creations until the contest will be with
serious rules and judges! ***