 General / 49596
Re: How does the voting at the Lego Factory Competition work?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 2004 18:26:26 GMT

Marc Nelson Jr. wrote:
And the last thing about the competition. I thought the rule was to
fit into 16x16 studs, but model #2 in senior section clearly
violates that. I think I'd need some clarification.

Entrant will be provided with three different (3) 8 knob x 8 knob
base plates which have a road pattern on them, and two 8 knob x 8
knob plates in blue (symbolizing water) and green (symbolizing grass)
which can be combined in any way for a maximum building area of 16
knobs x 16 knobs.

The rules IMO say: 16x16 studs building area. It doesn't mention at
which height, so it must apply for all heights, so no overhang. Simply
block 16x16xH, where H is height (without limits). If the size limit
wouldn't apply at any other level than ground, the limit wouldn't have
sense at all.

I also don't grok the numbers of baseplates. First, there is no blue 8x8
baseplate in legofactory palette. Second, green with road are only 2
(53480 & 53481).

Probably written by lawyers, right? No logic there. <g>

Jindroush
http://www.kostky.org - for czech lego fans.