 General / 49597
Re: How does the voting at the Lego Factory Competition work?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 2004 18:03:39 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jindrich Kubec wrote:
Marc Nelson Jr. wrote:

Also, the current No. 1 Senior model is not displaying correctly for me.  I
can't see what it is.  Anyone else having this problem?

It looks funny for me,too. A few of the models seem to have this problem. I
haven't loaded any of them into LDD to see what they look like, so I don't know
if it's a problem with the model, the website or what.

Can't see it too. Tried 2 different browsers. I'm quite surprised how it
can get any votes at all. The jpg downloaded from the site is plain
wrong, so I doubt anyone can get better (I've tried to reload the
picture multiple times).

Not to sound bitter/conspiritorial, but I smell cheating on that one. The jpeg
is corrupted (and has been since day one), yet it's getting a huge number of
votes. I'd like to point this out to someone in charge, but I'd rather not have
to play the role of hall monitor.

And the last thing about the competition. I thought the rule was to fit
into 16x16 studs, but model #2 in senior section clearly violates that.
I think I'd need some clarification.

This is a good question. I assume from the delays and timing of the voting that
someone is handling the process by hand. I would think, if that's the case, that
they would weed out the ineligible entries beforehand.

Man, I'm really whining here. Maybe I'm taking this too seriously, but I would
expect Lego to lay down some rules and actually enforce them if the results  of
the contest affect the sales of future sets.

-jeremiah-