 General / 48755
Re: new pictures from the Lego archive Billund
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 20 Aug 2004 05:16:04 GMT

In lugnet.general, Gerhard R. Istok wrote:

Hi Gary,

   The first one is of 1958-59 Named Beams spare parts pack #226 (if it were from before 1958, there would be 8 named beams, not 7. If the box were after 1959, the box would be black, not off white). I am not sure of the language (Danish or Dutch?). But I know it is not German. If it is Danish, it might be parts pack #1226 (the Danish packs had an extra “1” as the first digit (4 digit) number until sometime in late 1958). I have never seen an ESSO SERVICE named beam in this color.

I’m very sorry but I have no number for the box. I made the photo because the “Post”-brick is printed in gold. I will try to find out the number of the box.

Sven