 General / 48715
Re: Sorting: Found my Rhythm
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 2004 19:38:01 GMT

I can relate, you ought to try it with four kids!  It takes me forever to
sort loose bricks.  I don't think I have ever been completely sorted nor do
I expect to for the next 10 years at least, if ever!

My son (age 9) was recently looking for ways to earn some money so I offered
him the opportunity to sort into colors a large Rubbermaid tub of loose
bricks.  Simply breaking it down into colors has made it a much easier
problem to handle, each color fills about a blue tub or so.  Doing the next
level of sort is my job but I have two more of these large unsorted tubs
that need attention and my daughter (she is 7) has expressed an interest in
doing that sort.

Ah yes.  Can't wait to enlist my kids into child labor to help sort.

It never seems to end though.  In the three weeks since my son completed the
sort, my kids have generarted a fair amount of "unsorted" stuff which is now
in another Rubbermaid tub.  So far it is only a couple inches deep but it
doesn't take long ...

Oh...  Skip what I just said I don't think it's worth it :-)

Eric