 General / 48714
Re: Sorting: Found my Rhythm
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 2004 19:22:43 GMT

I recently bought three more portable drawer units from The Container Store,
which has finally enabled me to sort out all my "basic" bricks and plates.  I
have them sorted by type (2x4 plates, 2x6 plates, etc.), but not by color -- my
color vision is fine and so as long as I'm looking in the right bin, I can
easily spot the color I want.

I also have some smaller "sewing notions" boxes for really small parts, like
1/3-height cylinders, collars, 1x1 bricks and plates, etc.

But I now am left with a bunch of unsorted, unusual parts that I don't know what
to do with.  I suppose I'll just have to get some additional drawers or boxes
and eventually sort them all out, but there are so many different kinds, it will
then be a problem to find the right container for a piece I want.  I suppose
labels on the front will be necessary.  But I too have a 4-year-old, and another
one due soon, so there is certainly no need (or possibility) to hurry!

Best,
- Joe