 General / 48708
Re: Sorting: Found my Rhythm
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 2004 17:52:45 GMT

In lugnet.general, Eric Kingsley wrote:
Having a 4 Year old and an 18 Month old and a subpar building area for 4 years I
have built up an immense amount of sorting that needs to be done.  Now that we
have moved and I have a proper LEGO room I have been trying to get into sorting
but until about a week ago I just couldn't get into it.  I finally found a
rhythm that works for me.

First my situation:

I have about 4 20 Gallon Bins of unsorted parts plus about 4 LEGO Buckets and 2
LEGO Tubs.  Quite the daunting task.  Since I have a couple of little ones I
don't usually get to do much until they are in bed which gives me at most 2
hours in the evening to sort.  I generally build Town and Train so that effects
my priorities.  I take one of three approaches depending on how I feel.

Method 1 is a rough sort.

Eric,

I feel your pain, what you describe sounds exactly what my LEGO life is been
like the past year or so. Ever since my daughter became mobile my sorting time
was cut down to waiting till she was in bed. So after she and my son get to bed
I have about 2 hours to sort and of course spend "quality" time with my wife.

We need a new term for AFOLs that have toddlers and can't build/sort as desired,
it' not really a dark age, more of a forced separation.

jt