 General / 48709
Re: Sorting: Found my Rhythm
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 2004 18:25:40 GMT

In lugnet.general, James Trobaugh wrote:
We need a new term for AFOLs that have toddlers and can't build/sort as desired,
it' not really a dark age, more of a forced separation.

jt

I officiall emerged from my Dark Age only a little over a year and a bit ago but
I have the same situation which has really prevented me from leaving the Dark
Age fully. My littlest one is now 2.5 yrs old while my eldest is 6.5. I have
recently been able to do about 45mins - 1hr of sorting per night and while I
don't have nearly the amount Eric is talking about I have managed to get to a
second stage of sorting where I can see the end and already I can start to find
pieces.

Much as I love the kids I cannot really build anything yet. Does your spouse bug
you about that? She keeps whining that I buy all this LEGO and never build
anything. She also cannot undertand why I build the model using the instructions
then proceed a few days/weeks later to tear it to bits and sort into parts, but
that is probably another topic. :)

Perhaps we should be called PWOL (like AWOL) but standing for Parents WithOut
access to LEGO