 General / 48265
Re: Lego in a Smoking Environment
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 21:19:28 GMT

In lugnet.general, Gerhard R. Istok wrote:
I've read a lot about Lego from "smoke free" environments.  Have a lot of AFOL's
had problems with "smoky" Lego?

I have. I seem to be very sensitive to cigarette smoke, it apparently irritates
me into sneezing and coughing at a very light exposure level, and even a #3 (per
Joachim's definition extension) household would produce LEGO that I would
probably notice smokiness from.

I'm not convinced there is an easy and safe way to remove smoke smell without
corresponding other sorts of damage (dryout of "rubber" parts due to loss of
oil, water damage to stickers, and etc), but would love to hear about it.