 General / 48180
Re: Event kit update and request for data
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.events, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 2004 12:18:55 GMT

"Larry Pieniazek" <larry.(mylastname)@ascentialsoftwareDOTcom> wrote in
message news:HzpLE1.Cn5@lugnet.com...

[ ... snipped ... ]

I can't speak for anyone else but I'm certainly interested, especially if • there
are interesting or innovative things you did with some of the items.

This is what I sent to Jake back when he first asked for feedback.

[ ... Snipped ... ]

* Name of Club

NCLTC - North Carolina LEGO Train Club (www.ncltc.cc)

* Number of kits received (some clubs/groups got more than one because of • the
amount of events they were running)

1 - NCLUG also received one but they are kept separate and used for
different events.  The NCLTC kit stays with all of the train infrastructure
(tables, legs, skirts, etc.).

* General location of both club and event(s) where the kit(s) was used

Raleigh, North Carolina. Kit was used at all train shows since received. Two
GATS shows and our Christmas 2003 Holiday Layout.

* Links to any pictures you have of the kit

GATS 2003

I have more somewhere from the other events, let me know if you need them.

* Your best guess on how many people actively participated with the • elements of
the kit (took stickers,

Several thousand I'd guess. The first GATS show the play area was busy for
the entire show. We have handed out all of the stickers and buttons and most
of the other stuff as well.

* Your best guess on overall LEGO brand "exposure" (amount of people who • came in
contact with the kit)

About the same - several thousand over the course of the three events we
used the kit at.

This info will help me pull together a solid business case for why we
should do this concept again. (Or more specifically, an even better
version of this
concept) Help me showcase how cool and effective this concept was.

Allowing kids to walk away with something (poster, stickers, buttons, etc.)
was very well received. Please continue this program if you can, it helps
our events really be successful.

Mike

Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com