 LEGO Company / 2074
Re: Event kit update and request for data
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.events, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 2004 02:34:12 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Larry Pieniazek wrote: (snip)

I forgot to include these comments (about CKM) from one member:

At the Curious Kids Museum event in March (2004), at the end of the session after the instructed build (using instructions and parts provided by the coordinators) the kids were encourage to free build, using the concepts that they learned previously in the session. The parts for the free build were all Designer set parts and the kids found that the many connectors, misc odd pieces and fun colors allowed them to create many interesting models, some of which had neat build techniques that we adults were intrigued with. Also at this event the participants were given sticker sheets and the large pins(badge?).

At the Curious Kids Museum event in April, a LEGO contest and multiple displays by MichLUG, we included two of the shirts into the prizes awarded to the best builders in each catagory. Also the designer parts were available to attendees to indulge in the LEGO spirit and build. Many children enjoyed the parts (and selection) as well as a few adults. Stickers were handed out to kids that seemed especially enthusiastic about the event.