 General / 48121
Re: 2004 Alpha Team: The Good, the Bad, and the Jack Stone
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 2004 17:15:14 GMT

In lugnet.general, David Simmons wrote:
FINALLY, at long last, we have a trans-orange that is not flourescent.

It's actually about a year old at this point.  Until now, though, the only sets
that have used it were Clikits.

Also, no offense to Bionicle fans, but I'm a purist when it comes to System
and Bionicle in the same set.  IMHO, the pieces just look too different and
that they clash with regular blocks and plates the majority of the time
(although I remember Jon Palmer doing some great stuff with Bionicle feet in
his Alphabet fleet).

Combining the two is something that has to be done with a certain amount of
care.  It's a lot easier to build System onto BIONICLE than it is to go the
other way around, but the Bohrok eyes in particular are very visually
interesting pieces that are fairly easy to incorporate into any MOC style.
Usually, though, it really works out best if you build around the BIONICLE parts
as core elements of the design rather than adding them on to an
otherwise-completed MOC.