 General / 4804
Re: How old are these Legos?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 1999 21:04:29 GMT

Hi  Lee,

Also, she has some larger gears with teeth on it, several about 3"
its called BEWEGO in Holland its the runner up for Technic. A short  cut
for Moving LEGO, it could be MOVEGO, but ?
The wheels are coulored, fi red, yellow and blue.Set number 800, 801 and
802. i just read it in an newly found catalog at our last LEGO fest or club
meeting as I would call it.
I got some pics of the buildings and displays in the room, but it ll take
almost a fortnight to develop them.

in diameter, some 1.5" in diameter, and some smaller ...

Also, I ran across 4x6 plates that has "patent pending" stamped into
the bottom of them, they had the tubes that are 'normal' now

These plates would be out of the sixties. I have some myself, I saved them
just the plates with an half round like the new star wars landspeeder
plates but he corner is more smooth.

But the really odd parts are the 4x8 plates that had solid areas along
the bottom.  The bottom was just squares where the pegs would fit into,
instead of the tubes like we have now.  The parts had a lot of ABS in
them, and weighed considerably more than the other parts ...

She said that some of them are from the 70's ... but I'm not sure what
year.

Shes right and the lot is probatedly out of the sixties, see above. And
even I think its no ABS but just an kind of plastic. The bricks out of the
time of the square holes are disforming. This is coused by the use of an
fluid with the purpose to let the bricks disform a litlle and anable them
to bite. And stick together whem you are usinf them to build an structure.
But in the past the fluid is vanishing into the air and the bricks look
like they have been in the sun too long.
I think that they changed the formule of the bricks into ABS when RTL
strated to work with Samsonite, theire suite cases where already made out
of ABS.

Greetings and keep building
Nico