 Off-Topic / Fun / 2173
Re: How old are these Legos?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 03:34:29 GMT

Thoses Legos ares reallys olds methinks;-)

-John

Lee Jorgensen wrote:

Yesterday I found out that my Grandma has a bunch of older Legos.
The Bucket that they are all in is 1615, but couldn't find it in Lugnet
database.

The really interesting parts are some windows and doors that don't
have a complete bottom, they have 'prongs' that hold the part on ..

_^_^_^_   ... or something like that ...

Also, she has some larger gears with teeth on it, several about 3"
in diameter, some 1.5" in diameter, and some smaller ...

Also, I ran across 4x6 plates that has "patent pending" stamped into
the bottom of them, they had the tubes that are 'normal' now

But the really odd parts are the 4x8 plates that had solid areas along
the
bottom.  The bottom was just squares where the pegs would fit into,
instead of the tubes like we have now.  The parts had a lot of ABS in
them, and weighed considerably more than the other parts ...

She said that some of them are from the 70's ... but I'm not sure what
year.

--
Lee Jorgensen, Programmer/Analyst - Bankoe Systems, Inc.
mailto:jorgensen@bankoe.moc  <-- reverse moc