 General / 47744
  Around the world in a lot more than 80 days

I'll need help to achieve my plan. A lot of help, from you. First, let me explain the concept. I want to send a Minifig around the world. First, I'll send it to someone in another country where a first person will take a picture of the Minifig in (...) (20 years ago, 14-May-04, to lugnet.general) !

  Re: Around the world in a lot more than 80 days

Hi Terry, I think this is a great idea. You may not be aware of this, but Classic-Castle.com has an unofficial mascot named Henry. This little minifig knight is traveling around the world to various countries. He was created by Patrick Morgan and (...) (20 years ago, 14-May-04, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Around the world in a lot more than 80 days

(...) It's been done before :-) Search for MWT, Minifig World Tour. But that doesn't make it a bad idea, I really like the concept, and would be willing to host a Minifig for a couple of days here in Eskilstuna, Sweden, just as I did for Colin and (...) (20 years ago, 14-May-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Around the world in a lot more than 80 days

"Terry Prosper" <t@rotule.qc.ca> schreef in bericht news:HxpL9v.1vt9@lugnet.com... (...) [big snip] This is such a cool idea! Count me in, you've got mail! Regard, Saskia The Netherlands (20 years ago, 14-May-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Around the world in a lot more than 80 days

(...) I'd say I'm in but we're in the same country! Grr!! I could take pics of the 'fig in front of Niagara Falls or maybe the CN tower... If that's fine, add me to the list. Dave K (20 years ago, 14-May-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Around the world in a lot more than 80 days

Hi Terry Great Idea, I would like to participate and in fact I can be the first person to receive it so feel free to send me the minifig. In the meantime you can look for the next stop, of this travel. Here I will take some pictures of the minifig (...) (20 years ago, 14-May-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Around the world in a lot more than 80 days

(...) I really love this idea! Too bad theres nothing interesting near me worth taking pictures of (20 years ago, 14-May-04, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Around the world in a lot more than 80 days

(...) I didn't know about that. I had this idea from "Le fabuleus Destin d'Amélie Poulin", which is known in the States as simply "Amelie". Remember the dwarf? If you didn't see the movie, run to your video store! Terry (20 years ago, 14-May-04, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Around the world in a lot more than 80 days

(...) people seem to like it a lot! I've received many emails today from people willing to participate. I'll probably send the Minifig next week, if all goes as planned. Terry (20 years ago, 14-May-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Around the world in a lot more than 80 days

(...) Of course it's fine! It's even great! Hey, I'd send it to my neighbour if he wanted to host him! You can also take pictures of everyday life. There's more to visiting the world than seeing the touristic attractions of great countries... You'll (...) (20 years ago, 14-May-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Around the world in a lot more than 80 days

(...) Thanks for the kind offer to host him first, but I plan to send him closer at first, then to USA, the to South America, then to the other side of the world, then back. So you'll get it after US, but you'll get it, rest assured! I'll try to get (...) (20 years ago, 14-May-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Around the world in a lot more than 80 days

(...) I'm sure there is! A simple picture in front of your home, with you maybe. Or a street in the nearest village/city from where you live. Maybe a visit to a local Toy store in the LEGO aisle? If you want in, no need to live ext door to the (...) (20 years ago, 14-May-04, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Around the world in a lot more than 80 days

(...) Ok sounds great! (20 years ago, 15-May-04, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Around the world in a lot more than 80 days

(...) Great idea. How about passing it on not (only) via mail, but via personal meetings of fans? E.g. it could be sent to some german AFOL and could then be passed on at TSL in Berlin - Possibly with a group foto of all the AFOLs present. Someone (...) (20 years ago, 16-May-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Around the world in a lot more than 80 days

(URL)OK I have thought it over and I'm in! (20 years ago, 17-May-04, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Around the world in a lot more than 80 days

(...) Indeed cool. I've already thought about some locations around here I want to show to this minifig. Niels from the Netherlands, too (20 years ago, 17-May-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Around the world in a lot more than 80 days

(...) The Minifig will get to Europe sometime, but now, it's shipping to Ontario, Canada. I'll make sure you get the chance to hoist it if you email me at brad@minifigville.com (20 years ago, 17-May-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Around the world in a lot more than 80 days

(...) Well, it's up to the hosts to bring Brad to their Lug meetings. As for major events, I'm already planning on sending Brad to BrickFest this summer, although I won't be there myself. (...) This too is in the works :-) And if I get a bit of (...) (20 years ago, 17-May-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Around the world in a lot more than 80 days

(...) Perfect! Please send your complete adress at brad@minifigville.com . The Minifig is about to depart for Ontario, Canada, in a day or two. I'll then choose the second host according to who is closer to the first host, David Koudys. A public (...) (20 years ago, 17-May-04, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Around the world in a lot more than 80 days

I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area, and I'd like to host Brad. I hosted Colin & Wanda on their tour. Paul Sinasohn LUGNET #115 BAYLUG/BAYLTC (20 years ago, 17-May-04, to lugnet.general)