 General / 47748
Re: Around the world in a lot more than 80 days
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 14 May 2004 16:59:42 GMT

Terry Prosper wrote:

I want to send a Minifig around the world.

It's been done before :-) Search for MWT, Minifig World Tour.

But that doesn't make it a bad idea, I really like the concept, and would be
willing to host a Minifig for a couple of days here in Eskilstuna, Sweden,
just as I did for Colin and Wanda (of MWT fame).

http://w1.161.telia.com/~u16122508/mwt/index.htm

First, I'll send it to someone in another country where a first
person will take a picture of the Minifig in front of a national
monument or a street scene, whatever that depicts the country or
the city where the Minifig is. Then this person will send the
pics to me [...] Also, I want a real trip.

Colin and Wanda travelled in a box, and everyone put some local
postcards/pictures in the box before sending it on.

Therefore, I think people will be less enthusiast to participate
if they have to pay 2-3$ in the process.

I think you are overly optimistic about cost. To survive around the world,
you need a box, and it will get heavier if people put more things in it. It
cost me about $12 to send Colin & Wanda to Scotland from Sweden.

But I don't mind. Getting global visitors is always fun (and they usually
don't eat much :-)

Right now, I would like for anyone interested to send me their name
and email address by email at terry@minifigville.com or here in this
Lugnet thread.

I'm definitely interested!  <blockcad AT telia DOT com>

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
BlockCAD:  http://w1.161.telia.com/~u16122508/proglego.htm