 General / 47803
Re: Around the world in a lot more than 80 days
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 17 May 2004 16:27:06 GMT

In lugnet.general, Christian Treczoks wrote:
How about passing it on not (only) via mail, but via personal meetings
of fans? E.g. it could be sent to some german AFOL and could then be
passed on at TSL in Berlin - Possibly with a group foto of all the AFOLs
present. Someone there will propably go to meetings from De Bowsteen or
of Brickish.org, where it could be passed on to people from other AFOL
groups, thus travelling from hand to hand.

Well, it's up to the hosts to bring Brad to their Lug meetings.  As for major
events, I'm already planning on sending Brad to BrickFest this summer, although
I won't be there myself.

How about having this Minifig visiting Legoland parks or Brand Stores
around the world?

This too is in the works :-)  And if I get a bit of colaboration from some
people, I might even send Brad to LEGO in Billund!  But that is speculation...

And: You should put up the fotos on an easily accessable web site, print
the URL on a sticker and stick this to the Minifigs chest (thus making
it unique). An informative text about whom to contact when passing the
Minifig on, and where to send it if nobody can be fount to pass it on to
could accompany the fig (and could be easily expanded with greetings and
autographs).

Well, thank you for the constructive ideas.  However, the Minifig itself is
already ready, it has a name, the website is ready and the "system" of sending
him to the next host and what to do in canse of a problem is already ready too.
I'm about to make a public announcement on Lugnet, so keep your eyes open for
the announcement!!!

Terry