 General / 47648
Re: LEGO, kids, and how it has come to this
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 10 May 2004 16:12:48 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

These are
examples of things that could have been explained if the directions were • in
English or Danish or Swahili.

There definitely used to be a lot more text in Lego literature, such as the
catalogs and idea books.

But I think the move towards internationalization of the product has made
text almost obsolete. Now you only see a smattering of text on the boxes
(product name, age and manufacturing information) and in instruction books
for the more advanced sets with electronics (train sets, for example).

I think more text in the instructions and catalogs would be a "good thing"
and might bring some more personality back to Lego.

Bryan